Pears, Pork, and a Taste of Autumn

Just over night, the air has turned crisp, the leaves have begun to change color and fall is certainly in the air. I harvested pears from my trees this week and put together an Autumn bento. 


Layer 1: The first course is the usual cheese and veggies.  I've added a miniature leek quiche as well.  Dessert is a small piece of a free form pear pie I made last night (from our own pears) and slices of plum and orange.

Layer 2: I started with about 1/2 cup of rice in each bento.  I then added pork cooked with thyme, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.  Once it was done, I deglazed the pan and simmered it briefly in sherry.  I then took butternut squash and tossed it with the sherry pan drippings and a little butter. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: